Tag Along Rights

Allowing minority shareholders the option to join in the sale of a majority shareholder’s stake in a company and get the same terms and price per share that the majority shareholder receives.

For example, if a majority owner sells their 60% stake for $5 per share, tag along rights give minority owners the chance to sell their 40% stake at the same $5 per share price if they choose.